Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's day


Today is my day! 

It's mother's day here in Canadaland... in Sweden mother's day isn't for another week or two. My first mother's day since the bus was born in June last year.

Hubby the lucky bastard got two father's day last year since the bus is born on father's day here in Canada and it was father's day the day after the baptism in Sweden. 

So this morning when I woke up (or was rudely awaken by the monster bus who decided to put a foot in my face) I was told to go look for my gift. I found it in the kitchen it was a flower box with a beautiful flower. I then gathered my bays and we went on a morning walk to get croissants. It was very nice. 

The afternoon I spent with the bus in the park where he decided he's all grown up now and doesn't need me anymore. He tried his hardest to abandon me and crawled very fast through the sandbox. We looked at interesting sticks and pieces of bark and leaves that we found in the sand and played on the rocking albatross and spent some time on the swings.

We finished off the day by getting fish and chips and I ate the fish and the chips and the bus ate fish and vegetables (at least one of us has to be healthy and it might as well be him).

Tomorrow we're changing the tires from winter tires... a little late you might think but between travelling and not having the tires here at home it just hasn't happened yet and besides the roads here are so bad anyways I don't think we could possibly damage them more.

The bus is in bed now so I'm gonna finish the day with a big glass of apple juice.

No comments: