Tuesday, May 18, 2010

the maybe?

I think it's finally happened... the nausea is going away. Unfortunately it's been replaced by daily headaches but you know... you can't win them all!
Anyways. I had a doctors appointment yesterday at 9.30 am. I showed up early since I was late the last time I was there and since I had decided to walk there. The walk was much quicker than anticipated mostly because I found a nice back entrance through the woods on the side of Mount Royal. So early I was. I went and sorted out my hospital card since I had gotten a new medical insurance card since my last visit and then I went upstairs... or is it downstairs... that building is confusing. The entrance is on the fourth floor and my doctor on the second so downstairs it is.
I checked in at the reception weighed myself and left them a nice pee sample then I settled down in one of their uncomfortable chairs to read some school work. It was 9 am.
At around 10.30 I got to go in to see the nurse and answer all the regular questions and so on. I then went back to the waiting area to wait for the doctor. At noonish I had finished my school work and was getting seriously stressed out because I had promised I'd pick up W from daycare at 1 pm. I called J who gave me an earful about how important it was for him to be early for work and how useless I was being waiting for the doctor to see me. I hung up on him and turned the phone off. I then spent some time fantasising about drop kicking that stupid woman hogging my doctors precious time. At 12.25 I called J back and told him I would try to reschedule my appointment, he told me not to since I had already spent all day waiting around. I hung up on him again because I was finally being called in to see the doctor.
Once in the office I calmed down a bit and after answering some questions and talking about my headaches I was told to get on the bed so he could do a quick scan... A scan again I got to see my baby again so soon!
I was very excited and told my doc how much I want to know if it's a boy or a girl. He asked me what I thought it was. I lied and told him it's probably a boy (I secretly thought it was a girl but I didn't want to let myself hope). He laughed and said I didn't sound too excited about that. I told him the truth that since I already have a boy it would be a lot of fun with a little girl and besides since I'm only having two kids if I have a boy this time I will never have a little girl.
He laughed some more and told me that he does not think it's a boy. He thinks it's a girl. He then showed me the three white spots that are connected by a thin white line that are supposedly tell tale signs that the babe is in fact a girl.
It's probably a GIRL!

Now J takes this news as "alright it might be a girl but I'm not convinced" whereas I am more in the "oh my gosh it's a girl it's a girl"
We'll find out with a little more certainty in 5 weeks at our second scheduled ultrasound with the ultrasound technician but until then I will be browsing the girl section at the baby store!
To keep you guys from getting too bored with my ramblings I have also posted a couple of photos.

The hospital where new baby will be born


Rainbow around the sun


Just sittin' in a tree


The first ice-cream of the season!

Oh and another thing. Since Friday last week we are now a pacifier free house! It's been better than anticipated and W has been a real champ.

3 comments:

Maria o Julia said...

Åh så spännande! Hoppas det äe en tjej, förstår att det skulle vara kul med en av varje! KRAMAR

Lia said...

Det känns jättespännande. Hur är allt med er? Jag har försökt läsa er blog men det står att jag inte har läsrättigheter... Bloggar du fortfarande?
kram

Maria o Julia said...

Allt är bra med oss! Ska snart flytta till en egen lgh, har tidigare hyrt i andra hand av Rs syrra. Vilket känns toppen! Åhh jag blir så sugen på fler barn när så många man känner skaffar! Men det dröjer braaaaa länge för vår del... tyvärr :(

Jag bloggar inte längre, jag har en ny adress som jag dessutom inte använder heller... men meddelar om jag börjar igen. Är lite seg när det gäller bloggandet för tillfället.

Roligt o höra att W o familjen mår toppen. Hur går det med jobb, flytt till Svea etc??

KRAM