Saturday, June 7, 2008

missed out



Yesterday was Sweden Day! I didn't know... maybe because my computer was broken. Maybe because I don't live in Sweden anymore... who knows.

So a couple of weeks ago busbus decided it was a great idea to throw the computer on the floor while shouting "dedans!" dedans (don't know if I got the spelling right...) is French, it's the buses first French word and it means "in" like dedans la boîte means in the box. The bus unfortunately does not seem to get the finer meaning of the word dedans but simply uses it for everything from throwing to dropping to actually putting things in boxes etc. He likes the word a lot. I think mostly because it's fun to throw things on the floor. He likes throwing things on the floor, while eating while taking his bath, while he's supposed to be sleeping. 

He woke up once from his nap and the first thing he did was take his pacifier and throw it on the floor while shouting dedans! 

So now we have a Swedish word titta and a French word dedans but no English word yet, unless you count daddy.

Today is horribly hot here in Montreal, they say it's 30°C but it feels like 39 if you add the humidex. Me and hubby put up one of our a/cs in the bedroom so that we and the bus won't die from heat in there. Then me and bus went to the pool while hubby went to work. 

We tried a new pool today and it was great. It was free and it was fun. Me and the bus splashed around for a good 40 minutes before going home. 

So back to the broken computer, busbus decides to drop it while shouting dedans and then after that it started making a weird sound... like water running inside. But it worked good so I didn't worry about it. Then on Thursday I sat down to check my e-mails and the whole computer froze so I turned it off and when I tried to turn it back on I got a grey screen with a file with a question mark flashing on it. SCARY! I freaked out and called apple support and then it started again but then it crashed again so I called the repair shop. I dropped the computer off Friday morning and I picked it up Friday evening and the computer is now fine. It has a bigger hard drive and a newer version of os X but no iLife which I used to have and when I tried to install it I couldn't do it. So I'm gonna call apple support again after busbus goes to bed. He's sleeping now so it could be a while before he goes to bed tonight. 

Well I'd better get back to the cooking, I'm making home made fish and chips tonight. I hope it's gonna be good.

later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

huuummm fish and chips

Anonymous said...

bus verkar gilla bus. hehe, jag längtar efter er. tänk att jag bor så mycket närmare nu när ni kommer den här gången. visserligen har jag ett nytt jobb att fokusera på men allt kommer bli supermys för en viss liten kille ska få fira födelsedag!