Tuesday, September 22, 2009

the potty training update

I can't remember how much I've written about the potty training here and I am way to lazy to go through my archives to find out. So I'll just do a quick recap.

look at me diaper free in the park!


Riding my bike diaper free!


We started the potty training on W a couple of weeks ago. The first little while it was an uphill battle with me sitting him on the toilet and him holding it in until he got off the toilet and then he's pee on the floor. That went on for a bit and I was feeling very discouraged.
Then one day he started peeing in the bathtub so I told him no we don't pee in the bath and I picked him up and put him on the toilet and he peed there so I gave lots of praise and stickers and clapping and stuff. He was very excited and for the next week or so he peed on the potty at least once every day and we only had a few accidents on the floor.

Det finns inget dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder!

For the past week or so he has barely worn diapers at all during the time he's awake and we've only had two accidents on the floor and a lot of pee pee and poo poo on the potty. Yesterday I even took him to the park for a little over an hour without a diaper and today we went out splashing in the puddles diaper-less too! And no accidents.

Happy in the rain.

Even when he wears a diaper these days he very rarely pees in it he just kind of holds it in until I put him on the potty.
All that water and no accidents!


Next step is to get him to go on the potty by himself without me putting him there but one step at a time.

No comments: