Wednesday, April 9, 2008

DIY


This morning when I was having a shower I realized that some of the silicone paste thingy that seals the tiles around the tub were loose. So I, of course, had to pull on it a little. It all came off. No that's not true, all of it didn't come off only enough to make me have to pull the rest off to redo the work. Spent an hour while the bus was sleeping pulling the rest off and cleaning it properly. It's way overdue. We did a crapphorriffic job on it in the first place and then we were to lazy to fix it. But today it's getting done. As soon as the bus wakes up we're off to Rona to buy all the stuff we need.

I have to admit though that I kind of like DIY. Hubby hates it with a passion but I kind of like it, if I can have all the time I need to do it well. 

We've been busy bees lately, don't know what we've done to make us busy but we have no time. Time is running away from us, the bus now stands alone for a couple of seconds here and there, he'll be walking soon. I put up gates everywhere around the flat to ensure he doesn't get into trouble, or falls down stairs. In a week and a half we're off to Sweden. Can't wait. But I have to admit it's a little bittersweet. Gonna miss hubby a lot a lot. Haven't been away from him for longer than 3 nights and that was in 2004 so it's gonna be lonely. At least I'll have the bus, poor hubby won't even have him. Not looking forward to the flight though, have started planning what to bring in the carry-on luggage and stuff.

Don't really have much to say today so I think I'll leave it at that.

No comments: