Tuesday, May 12, 2009

short one

It'll be a short post today cause W is sick. He was strangely tired yesterday afternoon and after dinner I realized he was a bit warm so I took his temperature and he had a fever of 38.6°C (101.5°F). I gave him Tylenol to break the fever and put him to bed. Before I went to bed a checked his temperature again and it was still high so I gave him more Tylenol. He then woke up at around 1 am and was all talking and awake and superwarm so I put him in our bed and took his temperature again, it was up at around 39°C (102.2°F) so I gave him Motrin. He finally fell asleep next to me after I spent a good half hour singing to him. He may be small my little man but he takes up a lot of space. I slept on the edge of the bed all night and woke up with a sore back and a superwarm baby next to me. His fever was up to 39.3°C (102.7°F) I gave him Advil, his temperature went up to 39.6°C (103.3°F). I went to the pharmacy and asked for advice, I was told to give him Children's Motrin rather than Infant's Motrin. By the time I was allowed to give it to him his temperature was up to 39.8°C (103.6°F) but luckily this time the medicine worked.

So today we spent the day relaxing, watching movies napping together and worrying about his fever. We even missed his swimming lesson this morning. W being sick really sucks.

No comments: