Monday, March 3, 2008

Freezing rain


I'm the only one awake in my home right now... or maybe not, I haven't checked to see if Brody and Pico are sleeping.  Let me rephrase that. I'm the only person awake in my home right now. The bus just fell asleep for his first nap of the day and hubby hasn't really gotten out of bed yet. He kind of got out of bed but only to go from our bed to the guest bed this morning when me and the bus was making too much noise. So now you may wonder how come I'm letting the lazy bugger sleep at 10 in the morning when the bus has already been awake for 2 hours and played and had breakfast and all of that plus he was awake at 5 when his diaper leaked and I had to change him and he didn't want to go back to sleep. Well hubby is working evenings this week. He leaves for work at 6.30 tonight and wont be back until like 4 am. Poor bugger. It's actually not as bad as it sounds. We both quite like him working nights. It gives him plenty of time to spend with us here during the day and we can get all sorts of things done during the days that we can't do when he's away all day. We have found that we as a family are happiest when he works from 7-3 no matter if it's am or pm. The most awful shift he has is 10.45-6.45 or 11.30-7.30 those shifts are useless we just don't see him at all and we don't get to eat with him at all either.

Me and bus has all sorts of things planned for this week, we have friends visiting and awesome bubble baths to do.

Outside looks miserable today. There was some freezing rain this morning and for you lucky people outside of Canada that has never experienced freezing rain, it's when it rains and then as soon as it hits the ground it freezes leaving everything covered in a thick layer of ice. This can get really bad if it rains a lot cause then tree branches and electricity poles can't hold the weight of the ice and they come crumbling down crushing people and cars and leaving us without electricity. This I hear was especially bad in 1998, the year of the great Ice-storm. I've never seen it that bad but I have seen ice-storms in my 3 years here. And I have also attempted to get into my car while it was covered in ice, not fun. Today is not too bad and I do believe we'll see quite high temperatures today of like +6°C so maybe the ice will melt again. Let's all hope so.

Tomorrow me and the bus have a play date to go to. That'll be fun. We haven't seen the other babies and mommies in over a month thanks to Will being sick for a month. Thank goodness February is over. Soon it will be spring and we can finally leave the house without dressing up in 14 layers of clothes.

Yesterday was beautiful though and I dug out my snow pants and me and bus sat in the snow. We also bought a twister slide so next nice day me and bus are going sliding. The photo below is of me and bus outside our house and below bus is wearing daddy's toque.





No comments: