Thursday, November 20, 2008

holiday shopping

Since I'm not working right now and the prospects of job finding in my field for the hours I'm available are slim this holiday season might turn out a little less extravagant than previous years. In a way I think it's good. It will force us to find special, unique and tailored presents for everyone instead of going for quantity. So in the last couple of days I've been doing a bit of research on what would be the perfect gift for our nieces and nephew, 8,5 and 3 respectively.

Hubby found the perfect gift for the 3 year old boy and is pretty clear on what he wants to give the 8 year old since she's his favorite and Godchild. That leaves the 5 year old. I just read this post on Babble and unfortunately it sums her up quite well. Not by intention of course her parents do an awesome job at making sure she's got everything she wants and needs and she lacks nothing. The problem with her is more that she's so easy going and sweet and funny and great that she likes everything you give her and nothing stands out like a perfect gift. She's just happy to be the recipient of presents in a way. On her birthday a couple of months ago we went shopping for her gift the whole family together and she got this play cottage thing with lots of extras and she was just amazed that all those things were for her. Actually come to think of it he case is not very similar to the Babble article after all. She's just difficult to shop for.

For the oldest girl it's easy she's so mature and she knows what she likes, I'm planning on getting her to read the Famous Five series cause I think she'll like it: She enjoys reading and practicing her piano and playing her video games and snowboarding of course. The younger girl doesn't have any real hobbies yet and even though she likes snowboarding too she's more into pretend play and she has this fantastic mind that can just think up the most amazing scenarios. This is a fantastic thing to have since it rarely leaves her bored and she can play anywhere with ease but it's hard to buy something that will... help her with this or make it better or...

I don't know what we'll end up getting her but I think I'll throw at least one Dr. Seuss book in there that she can read by herself cause if there's anything that can trigger your imagination it's a Dr. Seuss book.

As for Wilhelm I just don't know, but I'm sure I'll find the perfect gift for my perfect little man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wilhelm! Vad önskar du dig?? =) Pusssssssssssssss