Friday, November 28, 2008

loved

I was on a play date today with my friends and fellow Swedes. It was very nice as usual and I'm really happy to have them here. I've known them for a little over a year now and their kids are amazing and I love them and they love mine. There is something overwhelming to me about the feeling that comes over me when other people love my child. It's a mixture of pride, love and happiness and it just fills me so completely. I love my child so much and to see other people love him feels like confirmation that he's great and fantastic and amazing and it makes me happy to know that other people see it.

W is pretty mellow when he plays with other kids, he's not really the hitting or biting kind with other kids. He keeps that for me (oh joy). He's not the best at sharing but he does occasionally give toys to the other kids he plays with and he doesn't really mind other kids snatching toys out of his hands. He's also very vocal right now, picking up new words left, right and center. He also knows all the animal sounds like I think I've mentioned before here.

It's always good hanging out with other Swedes, we can bitch about how everything is better in Sweden and our kids actually get to hear real Swedish being spoken, not just what I say to him which is pretty limited to "in the mouth", "NOT in the mouth", "NO don't do that", "Very good, you're so smart" and "Let's change your diaper".

Now I'm going to stop avoiding my Wii fit and try to get in shape.

No comments: