Wednesday, November 19, 2008

the leg warmer hug

There's this ad on TV that I've seen a couple of times. I can't remember what it's for or what I'm supposed to want to buy, so it's probably not a very effective ad. Anyway in the ad they show all these different hugs that different people will give you once they've opened their presents this holiday season. One of those hugs is the leg warmer where two kids hug their dad's legs while he tries to walk around. Today I was the recipient of a very extended and whiny leg warmer hug.

We had an appointment at the pediatrician this morning since Wilh was hospitalized last weekend. the appointment was at 11.45 so we had to leave home by 11ish to get there on time. I was planning on making Wilh nap between 9.30 and 11 so he would be nice and rested and pleasant at the doctors office, unfortunately Wilh is no longer a blob that just does what I want him to, he now has his own ideas. Today those ideas were, amongst others, to wake up at 5 a.m. and scream for 45 minutes and then go back to sleep until 8, refuse to nap in the morning, fall asleep in the car 5 minutes from the pediatricians office, refuse to nap in the afternoon, falling asleep in the stroller while I was running errands for 20 minutes, waking up cranky and refusing to be anywhere but in my arms.

I had a friend over that I haven't seen in a month and a half or so and we were baking lussekatter (don't know what it is, then look it up) I'll tell you that it's very hard baking with a baby in your arms and when said baby refuses to play with Julie then it's even harder and the few moments I needed both my hands and had to put him on the floor he wrapped his little arms around my leg and held on tight. I don't know what got into him, he usually likes Julie, he even played with her for a little bit alone before he fell asleep while I was out moving the car. Eventually he calmed down enough to play a bit with us while the dough was resting and then he helped shaping lussekatterna.

Well back to the health update. Wilh still has stuff in his lungs and was given more medicine and we have to take him back in 2 weeks.

Question: Wilhelm doesn't like milk, how do I get him to drink it? I've tried regular milk and soy milk and he just won't have any of it. Any tricks I should know about? Also when will he stop saying "no" to everything?

1 comment:

The Panic Room said...

Try mixing up either Chocolate or Vanilla Carnation Instant Breakfast into the milk. It's almost as good as Pediasure with all the added protein and vitamins, and it's the only way we can get Kevin to drink milk over here. Worth a try anyway.

As for the "No" saying. I am 33 and I still tell my mother NO about everything. good luck :)