Friday, December 12, 2008

Covered in paint...

This week I've been a busy busy bee. I'm preparing for W's Christmas present. This year he's getting a room. Not a new bedroom, he already has one of those, but a play/relaxing/guest room. It's right across the hall from his bedroom and I've just finished painting it the same lovely pale blue as his room. We were debating other colours but since we failed so miserably with the original colour (hospital green anyone?) we decided to play it safe. I am currently watching paint dry, which is boring! Well the idea is to fix the room up and then tie a ribbon around the door with a big bow and let W open it in the morning of the 24Th (his Grand-Papa needs to sleep in there that evening so it's gotta be in the morning). It's very exciting.

Exciting enough for me to make another trip to IKEA and spend a smaller fortune on all the new stuff for his room and his bedroom. We currently have about 40 cm of snow and the road conditions are appalling, so we were slipping and sliding our way to IKEA and during the odd 3 hours we were there the snow packed up on the car again so I had to dig it out again before leaving.

Speaking of road conditions, me and W were going to a Christmas party last night. It's usually a 20 minute drive but since some little punk decided to prank the University of Montreal in Quebec by setting off a couple of firecrackers so people thought guns were being fired, it took us and hour and a half to get there. Luckily we weren't the last people to arrive, it seemed everyone got stuck in traffic because of the police perimeter around the university. Even a couple of the hosts were late. The party was fun though.

Now I shall return to my painting, I think the paint is finally dry enough for a second layer.

No comments: