Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!

For this post I stole an idea from my favorite blogger Girls Gone Child's Rebecca Woolf.

In 2008 I spent the first hours of the new year hugging my sleeping 6 month old baby since he was the only one celebrating with me since J had to work.
I watched my baby say his first word, take his first steps, celebrate his first birthday, make his first joke and, one scary night, struggle to breath in a hospital bed.
I flew to Sweden twice, had my mom over twice, had my friend Emma visit for the first time.
I went to Ottawa and saw the parliament.
I laughed, I cried, I loved, I fought.
I made a new friend (Julie) and became closer to some other friends.
I worked as a dialogue editor (my first paying job doing sound editing!)
I celebrated my 26th birthday and my 4th wedding anniversary

I can't say that 2008 was a great year... it's been a pretty rough year actually. Not with W, with him this year has been fantastic with all the new things he's learned and the person he's growing into. But me and J had our most difficult year so far as a couple. We fought more than ever and I thinks it's in many parts due to the pressure of parenthood and not spending as much quality time together just the two of us as we should. But things are looking better already so I have hopes for 2009 to be a great year.

I hope you all had a fantastic year and that 2009 will be even better.


Happy New Year!

No comments: