Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A hairy issue.

check out my cool bird that I can barely see through my hair


If you've ever seen any photos of my little man you've probably noticed his hair. My W has long, luscious hair (for an 18 month old at least) and has never ever in his life had a haircut. Me and J toy with the idea of getting his mane shaped up a bit sometimes but we always decide against the scissors. Why you may ask... well there are many reasons.

1) I like the fact that you can still see the slight change in colour at the tips of his hair that was the black hair he was born with and I can't bear to cut it off.

2) He looks awesome and supercute in his long hair

3) We always said that if we had a little boy we would keep his hair long at first cause it's cute and we really don't like the short "boy haircuts" all the other little boys are sporting.

Hanging out on the toilet with my hair in half a ponytail



On the other hand there are some arguments against our decision too...

1) I can't remember all the times people have called him a girl and looked shocked to find out he's a boy.

2) It's in his eyes all the time and he has now made a habit of running his arms over his face to try to get rid of the hair.

3) I have to resort to putting his hair up with bobby pins and hair ties so he can eat.

with daddy and all my hair in the ponytail



Maybe we're making the wrong decision with keeping his hair long... but did I mention he's sooooo very cute with his long locks!

My mom said to me today that she hopes I don't take him out with his hair in a ponytail. I told her of course not, it's only for at home so he can be more comfortable. Does this mean that as soon as we leave the house my son has to be uncomfortable just because I can't bear cutting of his hair that he was born with?

on the toilet again so cute. guess the red shirt doesn't help the "I'm a boy" cause


Maybe I am a selfish and superficial mom after all... who knew.

I threw in a photo of W dressed like an otter too because he was tooooo cute at the Biodome. Even though I swear never to go there again during school holidays we had a pretty good time. Especially at the interactive part at the end for kids under 7 where you could dress up as said otter or beaver or Inuit.

Look at me! I'm an otter and I caught two birds!!

1 comment:

Farlig Skönhet said...

He is super cute with his long hair! =)

Jag är i Thailand i ca 2 veckor mellan den 16 januari och 30 januari.

GOtt NYtt ÅR älskade vän!!!

Massa kramar