Thursday, February 21, 2008

I hate winter

Have i mentioned that I hate winter? It's toooooo damn cold. Me and bus just went outside to run some errands and it's like -25°C or something similar in the wind. I made sure we were both all bundled up properly with us being sick and all for the entire month of February. I put the bus in girly tights under his wool 2:nd layer thermal wear and then his wintersuit and then the baby carrier (I use an organic ERGO baby carrier and I love it!) and then I tried to zip up my Canada goose winter coat (which is superwarm) over him so he would  be all warm and sunggly, I topped it all off with winter touques for him and mee and scarves and mittens and then we were ready to brave the cold. Bus loves his baby carrier and he falls asleep in it every time without fail so while he was sleeping all warm and snuggly I made my way around to all the places I needed to go. It adds upp when you don't go out ever except for going to the doctor, so I had 5 or 6 stops to do. Unfortunatly the places I had to go decided to be closed or what I had to do there was not avaliable that early and stuff so we had to go home again knowing that we have to the cold again this afternoon.

While out wandering around the plateau we were stopped at a crossing by the police that had decided to let the cars run the red light and keep the pedestrians waiting on the corner in the freezing cold. One man thoght this was crazy and decided to stop traffic himself by waving his arms in the air and staring sternly at the drivers while crossing the street. The police man was not happy about this and started shouting at the man by telling him that he decides who can go and when. The man was having none of it and started yelling and pointing at the traffic lights and telling the police that he was just following the traffic lights. It was one big mess with no cars moving cause of the man and the policeman standing in the middle of the crossing shouting at each other. The rest of us pedestrians were standing on the corner wondering if we were allowed to cross the street now since there were no cars moving or if we were gonna get shouted at too if we tried. After a little bit the man decided he had enough of being shouted at and left the police man standing in the middle of the street shouting after him while he walked away. Then we all got to cross the street.

Wow it's pretty sad to think that I actually thought that made my day quite eventful. I need to get out more. Soon maybe, both me and the bus are coughing less today so I'm hoping we'll be well soon.

Today is a special day for all of you who didn't know. It's  a very special birthday today. Our very own Canadian Ellen Page is turning... hmmm 20-something I think. Oh and hubby is turning 31. So far we haven't celebrated him since he left at 7.15 this morning while me and bus were still sleeping. We do hope he had a nice breakfast and lunch and that we get to eat dinner with him. We've gotten a blueberry crumble for him for tonight. We know he likes that. 
In the past hubby has watched too much "True Romance" so he tries to be all depressed and sad on his birthday and he likes watching movies by himself in hopes that a call-girl named Alabama is gonna come and be his true love or something similar. Anyways me and bus knows that he secretly loves his birthday and the gifts and that he even loves the whole month of February (which is the most depressing month of the year) cause of his birthday. We know that he loves the attention and the gifts and that if we made a big deal out of it he would love it. But he likes to seem difficult and tortured or something, he thinks it makes him seem mysterious and he wants to be mysterious. Mysterious or not we love him very much and we wish him a happy happy birthday. 

Now I've gotta go make lunch for the bus before he eats the powercable to the computer.

Love you babe happy birthday!

No comments: