Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I never want to grow old


Getting old sucks. My mormor (grandmother) is 78 years old and she's very sick. It all started going wrong with a stroke almost 3 years ago and then she fell and got a disc compression in her back. She recovered quite well from the stroke but the disc compression is painful, very painful and she doesn't deal well with pills. So she's been in excruciating pain for close to 3 years now and when they finally admitted her to the hospital to help her with the pain the pills they put her on destroyed her on the inside so she's now bleeding internally and not eating and is still in pain. She was scheduled for surgery on Thursday but it has to be postponed cause of the internal bleeding that they are currently doing nothing about. They just sent her home after giving her a blood transfusion and keeping her on an iv for 3 days to get some nutrition in her. It's very hard to watch. I love my mormor she's awesome and I spent so much time with my mormor and morfar when I was young. They have done so much for me, and they have given me so many wonderful memories. It's even harder to watch what all of this is doing to my morfar. He is such a great man but he's not as strong as he used to be and last fall he broke his wrist and they didn't fix it up very well so he probably have to have it broken up again so it can heal better but he can't do that right now. He needs both of his arms and hands to help my mormor with everyday things. It makes me wish I lived closer so I could go there more often so the bus could cheer them all up and I could help them out with things. Sweden is just too damn far away.

Me and the bus might be doing the trip by ourselves in April, it kind of depends on one of my best friends. She has kindly offered to come see us and then fly back with the bus and me thus helping me do the long journey with the bus. It's difficult flying with a baby. It would be fun but it all depends on her schedule and if she can take the time off. I'm almost looking forward to having her here more than actually going to Sweden. None of my friends have made the trip yet, which is understandable, it is very far and expensive. So I can't wait to show them where I live and stuff.

Well this was a depressing post. Here is something to cheer you up.

And here is something cute to make you smile.




No comments: