Friday, February 22, 2008

Ups and downs

I like shopping. I like it a lot, but since we had the bus my shopping opportunities have been a bit more limited since going out especially in winter is a bitch and a half. I am now a happy ebay shopper and I like to browse ebay to see if there is anything I want that's cheap enough for me to buy so I'll feel like I've found a bargain. My ebay shopping has its ups and downs and when I start buying things I rarely just buy one thing. I buy lots and then a week later I get lots of packages in the mail and I'm very happy or very disappointed, depending on the accuracy of the description of the product I just bought.

Last time I had one of my ebay purchasing spurs I had to start a fight with Canada post since my "too big for my regular mail man to carry"-package mail dude is old and had decided that it was too much hassle to find parking on my street and deliver my packages. He tended to not even try and just fill out one of those little "we tried to reach you but you weren't there so you can pick up your own damn package yourself at the post office" notes. The post office that's slightly too far away for me and the bus to go easily (in winter at least). He didn't even leave that note himself but gave it to my regular mail man to deliver with the rest of the mail the next day. He did this to me many times and I know cause I was always here all day on the day he supposedly tried to deliver the package and the date on the slip was always yesterdays even though it arrived today. At first I thought that it may have gotten stuck in the mail slot or that my doorbell didn't work as it should but I double checked both and it was none of those reasons, so I called Canada Post and complained. First I got this nice lady who was appalled that this happened to me and promised to redeem it. Then I got a call from some supervisor who made sure I wasn't lying by asking all of these questions. Then he promised to get my package re-delivered but then he called back and told me they didn't have space for it so I wouldn't get it until tomorrow. I told him I'd pick it up myself and he said that if this happened again to call him on his cell and gave me his number. The next package I received a couple of days later was delivered to my door by my over-sized mail deliverer who seem very unhappy and grouchy when he handed over the package to my hubby. I guess it sucked for him to be called out on not doing his job properly so now he has to deliver all my packages or I can call his supervisor again.

What does all of this have to do with anything you might wonder now... and I admit that was quite an unnecesary story to tell but since I just had another shopping spree online my mail man will be busy next week and I shall make sure he does his job properly.

Today hubby is off so after lunch we're going down town. I haven't been down town since I can't remember the last time so that should be fun.

Later

No comments: