Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy second birthday W!

Lets start at the beginning.
9.40 am: This time 2 years ago I had already spent a little over five hours at the hospital and you were still not out. The contractions were hurting more and more and I was really tired. I hadn't slept at all since Saturday morning and it was now Sunday. Your dad and I were very excited and couldn't wait to see you. It would be about 4 more hours before I took the epidural and another 11 hours before you came out at 8.42 pm.



If you ask your dad he will tell you that I gave up on the pushing because it hurt to much and that he has never seen me as happy as when you finally came out. When they handed you over to me I just smiled as you can see in the photo above. 17.5 hours it took to get you out but it was worth every second. Your dad cried when he saw you. I didn't think he would but he did. He was so happy and relieved everything went well.

One year ago we had your first birthday party. We had it in the park since our house is a little small for hosting parties for kids and adults and since your birthday is in the summer and it's nice being out in the sun. Your dad and I read "Where the wild things are" to you all the time so your dad wanted you to have a crown just like Max. As a surprise for him I made you one for your birthday. It took me hours and hours but it was so cute on you when it was finished. You wore it the entire party.


You were so cute. You couldn't walk yet but you loved the park. We used to go every day and you would dig your toes into the sand.


We put you in the same clothes as last year for your party and we had it in the park just like last year. Your clothes are a bit tighter and shorter and I had to make you a new crown. This year you didn't want to wear it all the time like last. But this year you looked at it and said "Wild things!". You are so intelligent.


You got lots of nice gifts this year, and you love them all. I held you for a very long time last night cause I wanted to keep you close to me your last night as a one year old. You are now two years old and no longer a baby. You will always be my baby though. Last night was also your first night in your big boy bed. You went to sleep without fussing and slept all night without getting up like the big boy you are.


This morning when you woke up I went to your bed and snuggled with you for a little while then we woke your dad who got all your gifts and you got to open them in bed just like I used to do when I was young. At first you weren't sure of what to do with the wrapped gifts but once we showed you how to open it you were ripping them apart like a pro. You really loved your new Woody and Buzz cars and your Mike and Sully cars.


2.32 pm: Your grandmother sent you a t-shirt with Pippi Långstrump on it. It's a girl t-shirt but you don't mind. You love Pippi Långstrump. You wore it today. While we had breakfast at Cora and during your party when your friends Miles and Saga came over with their moms. You didn't want to eat your birthday cake though.



In the past two years you have gone from being a strong baby to a strong boy. You are intelligent, kind and funny. I have loved you since I found out I was pregnant. I loved you from the moment you were born and every day I love you more. Because every day you become better, funnier, smarter and cuter. I didn't think it was possible but you amaze me every single day.
In your short life you have done so many things that I didn't do in my first two years of life. You have travelled back and forth across the Atlantic 4 times something I didn't do until I was 22 years old.

Happy Birthday W
I love you

1 comment:

Jens Mathisson said...

Underbar berättelse! Grattis Wilhelm och glad midsommar till hela familjen!